Monday, March 24, 2014

Week 8 Day 1: jQuery Is Now In My Vocabulary

Major Activities of the Day: Today we started JavaScript!  To make things simpler, Avi had us all go through the CodeSchool JavaScript Roadtrip videos.  In the afternoon, we had a lecture about jQuery and Ajax.

That's what (almost) everyone else did.  I had the good fortune of having done the CodeSchool course before, and I spent the weekend studying jQuery and Ajax with the CodeSchool courses.  So I spent most of the day working on my project, actually implementing jQuery stuff.  So there are lots of event listeners, a getJSON call to retrieve data stored on the server based on a user selection, etc.  It was a pain to deal with a new language and framework when I'm still struggling somewhat with Rails, but the effects were incredibly pretty, and at the end of the day, I'm proud of what I managed so far.

Skills developed: jQuery, Ajax

No comments:

Post a Comment